We are seeking to:
- enliven the value of traditional home arts and creative repurposing in our community,
- provide a welcoming gathering space for people from varied socio-economic backgrounds to learn, share, create and discover together,
- offer opportunities for under-earning local residents to increase their earning potential,
- provide financial support to local community benefit organizations, and
- initiate and nurture ongoing collaborative efforts between local manufacturers, creatives, downtown promoters and merchants
what makes The Bee special
Our “gathering with a purpose” tagline means we not only offer opportunities for people to get together to learn how to sew and craft, market and sell product; we’re making a conscious effort to help people discover and celebrate their own self worth and embrace the power of coming together for a common cause.
who can come to The Bee
New-bees, intermediate and advanced sewists, quilters, crafters, knitters, DIY divas and more find kinship in the hive. Participants can learn skills and/or share existing talents, gaining experience at their own pace thanks to a growing cadre of patient mentors. We learn from one another.
Join us on a casual basis, sign up for a class or two, or consider becoming part of the collective. We are currently a small group of sewists and crafters, meeting in a room at a local non-profit organization. If you have an interest in creating and/or learning with us, we’d love to have you.
If you can see yourself, your group, organization or business being part of this endeavor, please contact us. We welcome your thoughts and ideas and an opportunity for dialogue. Please feel free to also share the buzz with others you think may be interested in helping us “bring on the bee.”
Our “Wish List.”